Monday, March 07, 2005

Quit blogging?

Esteemed (and certainly very amusing) blogger Dr Liew is contemplating quitting the blogging world. He has brightened up many a day of mine and I really hope its a positive outcome. Not sure of the issue involved here (sounds serious though). Will pray for doc and Michael Ooi and hope its all resolved soon.

Good luck doc!

DrLiew is one of the few blogs I read regularly. Another is SixthSeal. I've been reading his (killuminati) posts on and off and have fairly enjoyed reading about his fairly meticuous reviews (the food ones la not the "other" ones). So happens I'm now studying at his old campus and share the same hometown. I remember telling my mother 'bout "a place in Sibu selling RM15 bowl of noodles" and she names the exact place..when one can get "kam-puan-mien" (a type of noodle) for RM1.50 in Sibu, really don't play-play with RM15 a bowl (its not shark fins btw).. Funny how I'm learning more bout my hometown thru some stranger's post..

Other blogs I visit from time to time:

Just a few posts ago, I think I was talking bout the blazing hot weather. Well..now I'll be ranting on about the chilly cold weather.. The weekend was COLD. The max temperature for the next coupla days is a mere 20degrees, min is bout 11..aduh.. I've now ended up alittle sick from getting drenched on Sat. I've finally understood the funny feeling I get when there's fairly strong winds. Its the feeling of my throat constricting from the intake of "whoosh" - cold air, the feeling where I'm not getting enough air and feels like a precursor to my old 毛病 coming back. It would look quite ridiculous to be going around the streets of Melbourne wearing a scarf - in summer. So for now I'm settling for a simple "zipped-upped-to-the-throat" jacket..The cold seems to slow my mind altogether. Pace of my life seems to be crawling these few days but it ain't as bad as it sounds..

Bizzarre weather aside, the house here's almost fully occupied. Most tenants are from China (Connie, Rebecca, Ling, Hong, Amber, Chen, FeiFei, another girl (?)) plus Danny from HK, Min from Korea and 3 other guys from Malaysia..there's still room for more..fortunately so far everyone seems to be decent and fairly friendly. The funny thing is that although Monash offers varied courses in so many faculties, almost all my fellow housemates are taking accounting. They're all either first years or taking masters.

I'm abit mystified as to why most Asians take business courses here..?? I suppose their parents all go "my dears its easier to get a job and earn a decent living and bla and bla and bla..." My point is - do we all work just so we make enough to eat/drink/entertain/holiday once a year/etc.. whatever happened to this thing called "passion"? or does it even matter? Esp in Malaysia, there's the emphasis on making a living (my opinion..esp if coming from a middle level income family where there's no family wealth to sustain years of nothingness. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong if your family's rich la). If I suddenly decided to take a year off and go volunteer in Chile I'm sure most people would gasp in amazement and wonder - whats in it? Anyways just a meaningless rant.

Final thoughts for the night: I pray for a dream. Something to replace what I've lost in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home