Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Chap Goh Meh

It's just passed 12am. Today's my last day at home, till year end.. Flights at night (ChapGohMeh night!) and ohmygoodnessme I've yet to pack my bag hehhe.. As a result of them sending me to the airport tomorrow, my parents'll be missing the church dinner. Might be surprising for some, but as a chinese church, being a Christian does not necessarily mean ignoring our chinese culture/heritage. Not mutually exclusive la, as some may presume..

Just sent off an email to some management personnel at MAS, about my very unpleasant experience there last Wed. Don't feel like blogging about what happened as it upsets me so. Really, distinctly had the feeling of being bullied by the nasty man there. Imagine, to the extent that someone at the office took pity on me, and generously provided some email addresses for me to provide some feedback after that. I'm 100% sure they would've been more pleasant if a parent/elder sibling was present. Sigh..sometimes independence ain't such a good thing. I'm expected to settle everything myself and at times like this, some dependence would've come in useful. Don't really expect any reply from MAS though, but at least I wrote in. I told my sis "如果我不写, 我真不是人!" She said he's probably a person bitter with the idea of others furthering their studies abroad. Might be true, but what people like them don't realise is that our parents work hard to put us thru uni, and money doesn't just fall from the sky, nor do we receive handouts or grants..

I keep telling myself - patience patience patience. And thats the reason why I left when I did. Certainly better than resorting to other behaviour..

PJ lately - BLAZING HOT. I feel as if I'm melting in the heat sometimes. Whats with the current heat wave??? The mid mornings and afternoons are unbearable, esp if you happen to be in a car which startlingly resembles a pressure cooker. I think Melb during the day will be as warm, but the nights are rather chilly, hovering around 15 degrees..

oh well, i gtg now, have to pack ;) i'm as last minute as usual..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home