Monday, January 17, 2005

Football and alittle more

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester Utd
=)

Been ages since I properly sat down to watch a full match, but yesterday night finally had the opportunity to do so - and was rewarded with a nice win! Initially in the morning I found myself sighing at BU..tickets for the 11.30pm shows for National Treasure were mostly sold out. The only seats available were for the 2nd row from the screen. Not wanting to risk a neckache/backache from the flick, I decided not to join the rest as they went for Bridget Jones instead (which I'd already watched)..

Popped by The Curve (in the already oversaturated Dsara area) yesterday.. for an O.B. book a friend wanted to get.. I'm quite an outdated person, haven't even been to Ikano yet.. The Curve..hmm kinda interesting where there're cafes/restaurants at one end with a "Mont Kiara" kindof feel to it, complete with the afternoon bric-n-brac market..

Surprising, to me at least, is the existence of yet another Hong-Kong-style cafe there.. Nowadays they seem to be springing up everywhere like mushrooms (?) There's Mongkok at ss2, Kim Gary here and there, Tong-lo-Wan etc..oh, and in ss2 there's Source of Delight (S.O.D) and Chef Loong (erm I think this's Shanghainese) and many many many more in Klang, Sunway, Pandan Indah etc.. why so sudden?! of course if it means more places to yamcha, its always a good thing..but how many are decent eateries? or mere clones with no substance?

I saw a few more in KL today, there's one amusingly named "洞蜜园" just outside low yat. If you watch the long-running TVB series (8pm weeknights Astro WLT) you'll know what I mean hahh..

KL - SOOO crowded. I've learnt a lesson today. Avoid weekend outings to KL. In a short few hours, we didn't seem to have done/shopped much. Most of the time was probably spent simply trying to push past the humongous crowd. Roaring business indeed at Sg Wang! shall have to go down again on weekdays..aihh although I always say I'm jobless and free, time isn't meant to be wasted on those crowds le..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home