Friday, December 02, 2005

Back / food / I need a job

gosh time passes really quickly. Its been half a month of doing-nothing (since I got back). Actually I've spent the better part of these 2 weeks being sick. Not the common cold, mind you. Caught the flu bug and no thanks to Msian weather, its lasted for 2 weeks.

Had no particular cravings when I got back, since everything tasted bland due to my flu. But these week went out and indulged abit - hence satay, nasi lemak, curry noodles, hokkien mee, taufu bakar, SS2 mamak's indomie goreng etc etc. Something struck me -- everything's sooo oily. Min'd have a fit if she saw all the oil (Koreans are sticklers for less/no oil please). No stomachaches or anything of that sort for me -- living in PJ all your life kinda makes you immune to (less-hygienic) hawker food le..

Hmm whats new? For one, I've just gotten Streamyx this week. Very late I know. Its funny how my father doesn't insist on getting broadband until he himself starts using the Internet this year and finds dial-up appalingly slow. So now - yupp I got it almost instantly after applying. Yesterday tried out connection for the 1st time and it was awfully slow. Bandwidth tests showed the speed at <50kilobits>

What else's new? My room's the same, weather's the same. Only the people are different. Many friends have started work, others are having their break. Quite a number not back from Aus/US/elsewhere. Desperately want to go somewhere, so tomorrow I'm heading to Johor with Sam and LiKai. Going there to look for Kimberly, and maybe heading to the coast. Which coast? Hehhe we don't know.

Going by our usual of "no-plans-style" of travel, we're off to JB first, then perhaps go rayau to someplace named "Kukup/Kongkong???" All I know is its a fishing village, visitors get a chance to stay overnight on floating platforms/huts. Father mentioned one gets to stay on "palong". I've heard its near Pontian. Will google for its proper name later, post photos when I'm back..

Am going to look for a temporary/full-time job. Of what nature? I haven't decided. But I'm pretty flexible when it comes to jobs. Stuff I've done - receptionist / admin / teaching / cashier / food promoter / telemarketing / data entry / retail etc etc. Maybe try F&B? Or accounting-related. Anyways, I'm available to work 7 days a week up till at least the end of January. I can work through Chinese New Year too (since we don't really celebrate that). The only issue is - I need Christmas Day off. But employers' hv been quite flexible when it comes to this.. so if u hear of anything available, leave a message!

Oops, off I am to google "Kukup/Kongkong/???"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home