Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm back.

I'm back, and sick.

Arrived at KLIA last Tuesday and nothing has changed. The many taxi touts are still there, annoying both tourists and locals all the way from the arrival hall to outside. While waiting for my ride home (who was again Malaysian-style late) no less than 15 touts approached me asking "nak teksi??". Eh after half an hour of standing in front of you do I look like I need your illegal services? Annoying thing number 2 - all their ciggie smoke. I came back not to humidity -- which is still tolerable, but to what seemed to be an open air designated smoking area. At moments like this, I'm ashamed to be a local when the tourists/visitors are coughing and belching in this haze once they get off their flights.

End of rant.

Yeah I'm sick. Starting with sore throat - flu - cough - heachache - cough. Started once I got off the plane and after a week I'm still sick. But it hasn't stopped me from going mamak though.. So far only been to Kayu and Tmn Tun, meeting up with some mates. That, has not changed. Its as if I haven't been away for 10 months.

It'd be good to be in Melb though. After only a day here, I was bored. OMG my boredom threshold has plunged. Maybe this's after half a year of busy-ness. Or perhaps without 24 hour access to fast Internet I'm disconnected from all my news etc (my current connection's at a sad 48.0 kbps --laugh if you will). Ahh the fickleness of the mind..

next to do -- check Streamyx

2 Comments:

Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

Welcome back to Malaysia with all its nice as well as bad characteristics.

4:37 pm  
Blogger xaverri said...

thanks adam. Trying to think of the nice rather than the bad..but good to be back nonetheless

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home