Monday, April 18, 2005

What if all bloggers think alike?

Of late I've been dropping by PPS quite often, read some of other people's posts, agreed with some, disagreed with some. Noted the post by lilian of 5xmom and that of minishorts on the "yes/no's of blogging" (my title not theirs). Have enjoyed their writings , especially lilian's penangfaces blog and some of minishorts earlier entries.

Their respective entries, and that of many other bloggers simply reflect their different opinions. Now wouldn't it be incredibly boring if all bloggers think alike? There're many blogs out there, some famous, some infamous. There're some blogs many of us frequent (eg Jeff Ooi, DrLiew). Someone once said something to the effect of "the more you frequent the same blogs, the more your opinions will be like theirs". Don't know how true it is? But what I know is that the more I read Malaysian blogs, the more I know about life elsewhere (than the life I'm leading now)

The more I know, the more I realise I don't know..

Essentially blogs have selfish personalities. We all blog about OUR lives, OUR thoughts, OUR feelings, OUR happenings.. you get the idea.. Different lives/thoughts - thats what makes the blogosphere interesting..

1 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

I agree! We must have our own opinions and thoughts, right? What I wrote has no such words as 'rules' there but somehow, down the line, bloggers blew the thing out of proportion. Even after I try to diffuse the situation, it kept going. In fact, I went to a few bloggers site and agreed with what they said eventhough their opinion is opposite of mine. Thanks for your very unbiased and wise thoughts.

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home