Sunday, April 17, 2005

M.Y's birthday & church today

Lately there's been a round of birthday celebrations..

April 14th was a milestone in my housemate's life..

Happy 21st Birthday MunYee!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Birthday girl! we celebrated a coupla days earlier in Caulfield..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The cake - before (*note the free advertising where Breadtop conveniently "added" its logo unto the cake)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The cake - after..
so busy we are this week, that we had to celebrate almost a week earlier..ahh a uni student's life isn't all bout play..
Listening to 光良's 天堂 now, just got his new album from a friend.. 2.23am now. Supposed to be studying. Yet again my mind is again wandering..
Went to Planet Shakers' (my church) inaugural Saturday service today (yesterday actually) after uni.. Had a great session, with Pastor Russell speaking on the meaning of GLORY, a continuation of his series on Isaiah 60.
Meaning of glory:
  • Abundance - not only in financial terms, incl a wealth / treasure / honour, of peace and the fullness of joy.
  • Bliss of heaven - does not mean that one doesn't go through hard times, but seek, and He comes
  • Heavy in weight - the weight of heaven and the weight of His name is "backing" you up in life. Also, the weight of His covenant..
  • Light - God is personal.We too, can be the beam of light in others' lives.
Recently, I've been having some things on my mind, one of which were thoughts of friends back home, or old friends who are studying elsewhere. Was greatly comforted when the girl I was sitting next to in the service offered to pray, asking whether there was anything specific I wanted to pray for.. Ironic, but these past few days I've been contemplating about certain things, incl that. God knows best, in asking Iris to pray for what's been on my mind..It is like telling me don't give up on some people, which I'd been on the verge of doing.. Nothing very specific, just wanted to keep all these people in my thoughts - old friends, friends which were once close, friends far away etc.. wanting them to be "illuminated", be happy generally, to have good health, to have good relationships, to overcome obstacles in work / study, to be contented and appreciative of all that they possess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home