Friday, March 18, 2005

Weekendweekendweekend

In a triumphant mood now, the weekend's here! officially for me it starts tmrw since there's no class in Fridays. Had my presentation on Wed and happily enough it went very well, report due tomorrow - which I've finished 'dy (for once its not THat last minute) which all means - I get to sleep tonight =)

Still sound sick and AM sick. Medicine seems to be not really working. Was at the campus clinic on Monday and this is how it went:

Receptionist (MissX): Hallo, how're you?

Di: Good (though actually I'm not too good but its the std response la), I'm here to see the doc

MissX: Appointments are full today, I can only slot you in tomorrow

Di: Erm.. (thinking thinking hard - what was the probability of me losing my voice just in time for the presentation?) alright then..

I was there at 9 plus on Mon and already they're so full, must be "sick" season now.. Doc prescribed some Claratyne - tiny tiny pills, 1 dosage per day. Finally, something without paracetamol.. Have been buried "up to my eyeballs" with work this week, so I suppose its not exactly a surprise why the medication isn't working. A minorly interesting thing bout the campus health service - they've got an sms alert service reminding you of your appointment etc. First time I'd heard of it..

A very busy weekend ahead :
Sat - Photography Club meet AND Springvale (I've got nothing except cheese, celery and kimchi in the fridge such an odd mixture..aihh time to grocery-shop. So 师奶 'dy).. AND dinner at Sofia's

Sun - Visit the Australian Synchrotron Open Day AND Festival Victoria at Telstra Dome AND ...

As E.L. used to say - so 三八 (an undescribable chinese adjective..usually to denote some unnecessary curiosity..?) if anyone asks me why would i wanna visit the synchrotron I'd just tell them this - cos Malaysia doesn't have one. My whole point of studying abroad is to see/experience stuff not found in Msia. If one spends all his/her time studying or shopping etc, then whats the point of being abroad? Might as well stay in Msia and do the same things, at the same time saving some forex..

Something just popped into my mind - Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. I've been meaning to get this book since last year.. but books aren't cheap here..so.. shall get it soon though. Why I suddenly thought of it was bcos of an entry in a PPS blogger's blogpost about "How to Read on the LRT" and it was mentioned (or something like that) that the reader'd better not drop the book while standing. The book, I must emphasise, is heavy. Its a very thick tome which would scare most "non-book lovers" away, but everytime I see it in Borders I just go "aihh..i want the book! (plus about another 200 from the next few racks)"

Another odd thing. Had a weird dream today.
Dreamt that a kitten swallowed an orangey yellowish lizard, and then spit it out.
Then it (the kitten) died.
And the lizard wriggled off somewhere.
All of which happened in my house's laundry area in Msia.

Weird huh..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home