Monday, March 14, 2005

This blogger is sick

Started falling ill since Thursday and due to inborn streak of stubbornness, decided to not see the doctor..more on that later..

Thurday night I went to Camberwell with Danny and Rebecca for a special service, part of the March for Jesus tour. Pastor was from Hong Kong and there was a special performance by 萧东山 from Taiwan. He's a reknowned saxophonist and performed to songs eg 谷中百合花 (Lily of the Valley) and 奇异恩典 (Amazing Grace). Really enjoyed it..

The pastor - 梁永善牧师 is a tremendously gifted speaker. Raised some relevant issues in a very humorous way, he had us pondering over some questions..

人看外貌,神看内心。。 人不能,神万事能。

By Friday night I was regretting my decision to "self-medicate". Unfortunately the on-campus clinic's closed on weekends.. ended up contacting a friend in the middle of the night to ask about clinics in the city.. and so passed a long and lonely night.. was just talking to myself "see doc also so troublesome, if in PJ i just need to walk out and its only 5 minutes away..here &#%^..." Ended up I didn't go look for a doc. Since I can breath properly again, I figure going tmrw is no later..

Was at the annual MOOMBA festival yesterday for awhile yesterday. Metup with some old friends there and proceeded on to Chinatown for dinner. The city was reaallly crowded yesterday, seemed as if more than half of its population was out on the streets.. My whole purpose of going was for the 15 minute fire show. Prob had high hopes cos its the festival's 50th anniversary.. while it wasn't spectacular (imho) it was nice.. had some fun jalan-jalan and taking pics with friends. Managed only a few shots with my camera. First attempt at taking pics of fireworks and I hope I get at least ONE (1) decent picture..I've a feeling the pic taken with "bulb" won't turn out..

A last note to end a bad weekend - i cut myself (accidentally). Just now while taking the cling wrap from the cabinet, I somehow managed to "swirshh" - sliced my finger neatly (and deeply too) with the cutter thingy from the foil box...

drip drip drip it went.

i could only go - horrid weekend horrid weekend horrid weekend

sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home