Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Its funny how..

How many people really *use* their hearts in the pursuit of friendship?

Cor - the title of my blog means heart in Latin. Why heart, of all things? I could've kept the original blog title, or changed it into something like *the return of DiDi* or something stupid. It just got me wondering, in all the relationships and friendships out there, how many are superficial in nature? Where people become friends only because of selfish reasons, where there is no love between them, or where there is simply the need to appear to be friends? If that appears to be the case, then it seems so unnecessary and meaningless. Besides, it just seems so sad. But then again, how many people knowingly or unknowingly become part of this meaningless cycle?? Something for me to ponder on..

Many things happened at the house over the weekend. After reminding myself numerous times to be patient, things are all settled by today. However, a solitary stroll at Docklands does help to clear my mind..

On other issues, with God's grace, I've finally gotten my Internet today. This means my blog will be updated much more frequently, plus access to msn/icq! =)

Something else - Today is actually Merdeka Day. I had no class but headed to uni at 6 plus for a bbq organised by the Malaysian Student Society. With outdoor temperature of 7 degrees, it was changed to a dinner indoors instead. It was supposed to start at 7pm, but by 8, I'd lost my patience and left for home simply because half the members weren't there yet. Even the president arrived a half hour late. The event didn't look like starting anytime soon. When it comes to matters of time, Malaysians here seem really keen on continuing the *ahem* proud tradition of being as late as they possibly dare. Punctuality is a always a sore issue. Whenever the issue pops up, probably 8 out of 10 Malaysians will start on "aiyah, Malaysian sense of timing le, its standard". But my point is it SHOULDN'T be. Things will never change when everyone thinks being late is acceptable. And thats probably one of the reasons why Malaysia continues to be champion of the third world. Sadly,we will never be in the same league as 1st world/developed countries when our mentality is far lagging behind theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home