Sunday, July 04, 2004

My first week almost done

Am now in Clayton where it's windier than the city and much darker. Hogging a friend's comp now..will be staying coupla days at another's friend room at the next stairway. They have this network among the residential blocks. (Actually its more like a huge pirated network!!) Which means I get to watch Star Wars for the umpteenth time (ROTJ and Empire strikes back)!!!

Melbourne so far has been...
*pretty expensive, if compared with home. Standard of living is probably near double what we're used to (again depending on personal living tastes/choices), and I'm talking bout prices even before converting to RM. Have gotten some clothes needed. Most are on sale, but one would be surprised to note that things in the same chain of supermarket costs different in city and in suburbs. Surburbs obviously cheaper. Haven't settled on accomodation yet, though will prob take a place near campus, which I've already viewed.

*pretty slow, the way they do things. It'll take at least a week to get my ATM card. Banks work 9-5pm. Everywhere else too. By 5 most places are closed. It gets dark really early. 5pm here looks like 9pm back home. When I was here first coupla days, kept having dinner at 4pm-5plus pm..

*pretty cold. It seems colder in Caulfield and Clayton. Taking showers are the worse. plus skin getting so dry..

I've been doing much walking around the few main streets. Will be hoping to get my place soon, though its now hardly possible cos my ideal place'll only be available almost end of the mth. Might wait for it though, just the problem of temp accomodation
=(

**my goodness, yesterday night something went "ting" in my head. I think I saw someone I knew a coupla days ago. I just recalled who I believed it was. Its just been too long since I saw him, so not too sure. But if it was, really, such a small world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home