Thursday, July 01, 2004

Day 3 - Melbourne

Haven't been doing much these few days, went walking round city central ie Swanston, Flinders etc. Yesterday walked all the way up to Melb Central and was somewhere near Federation Sq. Didn't bring my tripod and so couldn't take pics properly..

Donno whats with me today, misplaced a coupla copies of some important documents (fortunately they're only copies!) and just a coupla hours ago lost my gloves. Thought I left it in Donald's car but somehow it wasn't there...? as if it disappeared or something, both of 'em.. Sobb my hands get cold very quickly, so I guess tmrw gotta get another pair.

Today..hmm..kinda weird. Someone who's usually punctual, made me wait more than an hour outside Nike Melbourne ahahhah you know who you are ya..Coupla of us went for lunch at Wing Loong's at Chinatown (2nd time I'm there). One portion of fried rice there looks as if they heaped 3 cups of rice on that plate. Nah I tried something else. But certainly its worth the $6 one pays.

Oh, did I mention practically all the shops are on sale now?? =) Not that I shop much, but they do have much more choice in terms of clothing such as jeans and jackets etc. Bought a proper jacket for $30 and some other stuff (not alot le)..Mindset is still in the *Malaysian* mode where one tends to convert prices into ringgit.

Today seemed to be a day of *waiting*..Late afternoon waited more than a half hour for weekee yuanmeng waikuin and donald. BUT finally tried gelati. I use *finally* cos everyone who comes back insists I have to try that..Nice, 3 scoops for $3.50 for yummy ice cream! After all the tales bout people piling on the pounds in Aus, I have to watch out too =P better follow gillian to gym more often!

Been bumming around (but walking alot - from city to Gillian's place is bout 40 minutes walk minimum) these few days, so from tomorrow onwards have to start settling my stuff. Prob will go take a look at my campus tomorrow, and complete the essentials. I haven't gotten a phone yet, so will email/sms you people with my number when I get it.

Tonight Euro2004 semi final: Portugal v Netherlands. Sigh I SO wanna watch that, but its only on cable I think..I miss live football!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home