Monday, July 12, 2004

Settled down partially.

Yups I've moved to my own place. That was last week. Haven't had any opportunity to get online for a week. I'm now staying 2 train stops away from campus, only bout 5 minutes away..Its a big old house, built in 1873. I found a few paragraphs on the history of the house. Shall post it sometime..interesting stuff.. I've got my own room, which is fairly large =) on the 1st floor. Shall post some pics soon. With me are 3 other uni mates, the few things bugging me a little now include: no internet, no phone, no ESPN/TVB series. First 2 still can settle, but the 3rd!! Arghh when football season begins in August, I'll miss it more!!

Hahha so melodramatic right? Anyways I've gotten used to the weird weather here. Besides the cold (hey its winter after all), it rains on and off, sunny on and off too..Things are abit quiet here. Since I can't load any series now, shall have to go find HauWei and load from his supply instead!

Hmm speaking about him, we had a pretty interesting meeting coupla days back. I expected to see him, CheeSiang, Siew Weng and Cindy. Ended up we became a fellowship of 7, plus I Lin and Soon Yeow who were in Melb as well..went to Chadstone awhile too. Oyah, I'm staying 15 minutes walk from Chadstone Shopping Centre, "largest in the Southern Hemisphere" - thats what the Aussies always mention. Wait till they see OneUtama and MidValley back home!

I'm actually at campus now..having some problems with enrolment due to the nature of our transfer. Next week's the beginning of lectures but they haven't sorted out my units yet.. =( Today's the beginning of orientation week. Last year, what we went through was just a morning full of talks. This time around, there're more activities. Went on the city tour just now, visited the Shrine of Remembrance (grand and dignified IMO), Rialto Tower (went up to the 55th flr observation deck), and around the city. There are a few major parks around, which I resolve to make time to visit, plus the botanical gardens and the art galleries...Oh, did I mention the weather today? Dreary and an almost non-stop drizzle. What a bad time to be touring...Will be going to the Healesville Sanctuary as part of Monash's Big Day Out this week. Hopefully will get some pics up soon..

Ohmygoodness this post's so messy, rambling all over the place..

Anyways, had an insight-filled conversation yesterday night after dinner. Sometimes, its funny how things happen. To quote someone - the world's so small, our God so big..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home