Friday, October 06, 2006

I think I...

I think I ... am going to leave with a broken heart.

September was spent living in denial. 5 days in Adelaide, and by day2 I was missing Melbourne. I hadn't realized it was going to be so hard to leave. Come October, reality sets in. I start preparing to leave for KL (in exactly 3 weeks time). Bouts of insomnia remain persistent. It seems foolish to spend the remaining hour/days here on irrelevant things such as sleep.

Its not the end, its merely the beginning. But there's this reluctance to leave the comfort zone. I know what its called too - reluctance to "grow up". Reluctance to separate from friends whom I may never meet again, reluctance to leave behind the community work I've grown accustomed to. Reluctant to accept the fact that life will be consumed by work back home.

Fortunately I have naught but hope - I do my best, God takes care of the rest. Nobody ever said change was easy...

On other things..its the Mid Autumn Festival tomorrow. Happy mooncake festival folks! If you're playing with lanterns, be careful not to burn the field/house down :) As for me, I'll be off celebrating with a chinese dinner. Funny how I am more "traditional" when I'm overseas..

Ta.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

happy mid autumn festival in spring!

11:49 am  
Blogger xaverri said...

same to you! albeit a very belated one :)

4:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home