Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sick & broke.. so sad wey..

Last week was madly hectic. Yesterday, it all caught up with me. Now I'm stuck at home with a "you-name-it-i-have-it" syndrome (fever, cough, cold, sore throat etcetcetc). The thought of lost income these 2 days is killing me. Bank account balance is at critical levels after paying another $500 on Monday for my medical checkup & a temporary visa. Aihh.. really wish money grew on trees.

Worked 3 days last week, became event photographer for uni's Multicultural Wk on Wed, Fri had a tough tough tough assessment centre, Sat volunteered at CFV's annual Gala Ball till 1am. Its no wonder I'm finally sick.

Assessment centre last Friday was tough. I haven't been so stressed for at least 2 years. I think I'm traumatized :( Had to reach Camberwell by 7.15am and the whole thing lasted for 8 hours. I expected more candidates but there were only 4 of us (incl me). 2 Msian guys and a Chinese girl (China natl). The company actually flew them in from Adelaide, Brisbane and QLD respectively, put them up at the Hilton.. and me - ended up trudging to the train station at 6 in the morning. 3 activities for the day - case study, group discussion and business scenario & interview. Only the discussion was groupwork, the rest all individual activities.

Aihh.. won't go into the details. Don't think I performed (up to my standards), Somebody's mentioned "you get thru this, you know you can get thru any assessment centres in the future". Very true cos its given me valuable experience..especially in facing high ranking assessors. But anyways this's the final round and if I do make it, it'll be an offer for a KL-based position.

Pessimism aside, an offer for yet another KL based position will add some weight to the argument of "going back" versus "not going back" to KL for work. I've decided to apply for a PR at the moment, which explains why I'm still in Melbourne (and also why I'm so broke!). Its not to say that the offers aren't attractive enough to "entice" me to return and work back home. But long term prospects are questionable when the country seems to be heading south. Will just have to see how...

2 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

get well soon!

9:30 pm  
Blogger xaverri said...

thanks! :)

12:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home