Monday, July 31, 2006

One of those days

Snail mail these days ain't fun anymore. No personal letters, no beaming cards sent from afar. Received 3 letters today - bank, insurance and my pay record. Saddening. Aihh I half wish I'm still in the 90s.

Every call I've received today are from people I don't wish to talk to. It is one of those days when almost nothing seems to go right, when you're looking for X ingredient while cooking and discover you've forgotten to purchase it; when you wish for bright skies you get incessant rain; when the people you want to talk to are too busy, but those you don't want to talk to call you up instead; when people disappear from the face of the earth for weeks and then turn up suddenly as if nothing's happened and expect you to be the same.

Yep its one of those days alright.

On other things, a few of us will be taking pics @ Multicultural Week next week.. Not with my little digicam though. MONSU (the student union) has a Canon Rebel which Adrian arranged for me to use. I was able to loan it for the weekend, lenses incl - 50mm f/1.8, 90-300mm, and the normal kit 18-55mm. The 50mm lens was the last I tried but whoa I like it! The pics turned out sharp, feels suitable for low-light indoor situations. Now I need to figure out what to do about the flash intensity. Thats one niggly thing about my own camera's flash as well.

Its been a while since I've gotten "back" into photography. Books are cheaper and the net is free (well, almost). Recently was informed some of my pics got shortlisted for an online travel guide, will see if any gets published. Unfortunately no remuneration since its semi-commercial (guides available for free on the web) so its just self-satisfaction :'(

3 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

finally! keep it coming!

9:52 am  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

Yeah. It seems like the only snail we get now-a-days are bills, ads and official notification letters.

4:14 pm  
Blogger xaverri said...

wuching: I'm back! hehhe

adam: I really miss the days when we received handwritten letters instead of impersonal emails/ecards..

2:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home