Monday, May 29, 2006

Random 4.52am thoughts

~ I got the casual job. Thank you God! Money (or the lack thereof) changes a lot of things, or at least has the potential to change many things for me.

~ Didn't know mushrooms were 'magic' till Saturday night, when we had a funny misunderstanding. And no, I didn't go on a shroom trip! Go google "magic mushrooms".

~ Wednesday was a funny day. I thought of someone, and within the next 5 seconds, I looked up and hey presto - there was the person. And it happened twice within the hour (I thought of 2 people actually).

~ Myer has an amazing range of fishnets. If it weren't for Doreen and Mey I wouldn't even have been in that section :P

~ Two tests in a day (in a few hours time) - why do these things fall on same days?? Nihongo no tesuto (Japanese) at 5pm and the Asian studies one at 9am. aihh..

~ Hurriedly sent in the application a coupla hours ago. Fixed up my resume and did the 2 questionnaires. It got me thinking what type of life I really desire for the future? My first thought was - open a cafe cum bookstore, and a florist next door. Not one of those mega-bookstores ala Borders, but something more intimate and laidback. And why a florist? well, flowers make people happy. So its a combination of my few interests - books/coffee/flowers. Add in some financial freedom to take 3 months of the year off traipsing the world. boy..that would be really neat.

~ After typing the above thought, i realised my imagination's been working overtime. Bah..the realities of life.

~ Volunteered Friday at CFV. Was supposed to stay only till after lunch but ended up staying the whole day cos I could see Natalie was inundated with work. Am quite enjoying the work there..Southbank is quieter than I've expected though, being so close to the CBD.

~ The mornings lately have been absolutely freezing. So foggy in Nunawading that day I thought I was in Genting. After last year's "warmest year ever", this year might just set a record for the coldest one yet.

~ The other day, I mentioned to someone to not call me "darling" anymore. I was asked "why?". Well, it feels wrong. I mean, it is wrong, especially when he's got a girlfriend. That, and some other recent behaviour. Perhaps that was something I should've raised earlier. My bad. I value this friendship and, I hope he does too. We're friends, remember? I'll always be there, tomodachi*.

*meaning friend in Japanese.

Oyasuminasai (good night and rest well)..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home