Sunday, May 21, 2006

middle of the night..

Back to the "middle-of-the-nite" posts which were a regular last year. I'm not as busy as last year, but there's some pressing matters of late. Of immediate concern - Monday's deadline for Asian Studies. Am progressing (albeit slowly) with the essay..

Just got off the phone with Gill. Its 3 plus a.m. dy..she's the only one who sleeps at my kindof odd hours these days. We were supposed to be out yesterday (Sat) but both totally ter-overslept hence no yamcha!

Haven't been updating this blog much. My (now) regular weekly update:
~ Been for interview with Maybank on Tuesday for their management trainee program. Have a letter of undertaking, but imo it doesn't mean much as it doesn't amount to an offer letter. Offer's dependent upon results of assessment testing, final results and medical. But results're out only in mid July so it leaves things kinda hanging halfway.
~ Networking event in city last Monday - didn't gain much. Talked to KPMG's rep, they're hiring for the Spore office (if anyone's interested). I-banks weren't really appealing cos they were in the market for interns, not graduates..
~ Briefing at Pearson a coupla days ago. I'll know by next Tuesday whether I get that job. ::dear God, I reaaaalllly need this job!:: if it goes well, the job'll end on July20th. And I'll be back in KL shortly after.
~ Spent half of Thursday in conversation. Sigh.. I'll miss these when I go back.

As can be gathered, I'm quite reluctant to be going back. But back I shall be, due to financial realities. Leaving friends/lifestyle/clean air/efficient public transport/uni/my books! So lazy to move on, but the immediateness of it is getting to me.. I am counting down.. and the weeks are getting shorter. sobb.

Next up - graduate applications -- i promise, i really promise to myself -- i'll get in those 3 applications within the next 7 days. Am waiting for news on others, 2 of which i'm particularly keen on. But no news is good news eh.. Will have to wait till the end of their application period, so it shd be within the next coupla weeks. ::dear God, forgive me for being selfish but I also realllly need to get one of those positions i'm "targeting"::hopefully my "target" and yours match, but if You say otherwise, I concur::

ahh caffeine and music from "Brown Eyes" goes very well together. Current album is "Back to the Soul Flight". Its korean R&B with a jazzy feel to it -- perfect for late nights!

Back to the readings I go..China China China its all about you this weekend..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home