Thursday, March 23, 2006

Frus!!

arghhh!!! so frustrated now. Just realised I bought the wrong lithium batteries for my film SLR. Those things cost a fair bit over here so I got them when I was back home. Didn't check properly before getting it hence CR1 (what I wanted) became CR123 (what I ter-bought)!! omg someone pls send some to me :(

Its funny how I didn't expect to be so caught up with things this semester. Thought I'd have plenty of time to sleep in, bumm around, read a book a day and blablabla. Surprisingly none of this has happened. Everyday passes by in abit of a blur. So much to do, so little time?! and no, dears, I'm not bumming at home as much as I'd like to.

Managed to go for a session of badminton at the Games on Tuesday. Turns out it was for men's doubles and women's doubles. It was quite worth it, as the Malaysian players were favourites, and they played really well. Both men's and women's duos got through to the next round. No photos unfortunately..the digi-cam batteries are acting all dodgy and died on me just when I got to the venue...the Msian players looked sharp and focused in their orange (gold?) tiger-striped shirts. Haihh tickets for badminton all sold out, else I think it'd be nice to go for the other matchdays..but they're definitely the crowd favourites, and mine!

On other things.. graduate recruitment. Not so simple as simply sending in the resume to secure a job eh? There are things that employers are looking for. The BIG question is - how do we become WANTED? Of course we all think we special individuals with unique qualities. But problem is conveying all of that in the space of 2 pages (resume) and a cover letter.

A mentor of mine once said "Don't ever sell yourself short". It reminds me, while not exaggerating our abilities, to ensure that we don't underestimate ourselves. I was talking to G a coupla days ago, relating what I've heard of graduate employment so far. In certain companies, only a handful of positions (4-10) are available, whereas they get >1500 applications. Chances of success seems limited eh?

But my point to G was -- if you don't even try, there's ZERO chance. Meaning you've already given up. How defeatist can that be? G laughs.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home