Friday, January 27, 2006

everyday also (traffic) jam

November jam cos of Hari Raya
December jam cos of Christmas
January jam cos of Chinese New Year

Eversince I'm back for the hols, there hardly seemed to be a "jam-free" day. Driving on PJ roads are enough to make one rant and rave. No wonder all my friends who drive here are so impatient. I'm fast using up the accumulated "patience" levels from Melb.

Quite ridiculous really..
a return trip from Kelana Jaya to SS2 = 40 minutes
single trip from Sect 14 to SS2 = 30 minutes

I don't think I like CNY so much. Driving around makes me impatient (actually the process of "negotiating" for the car also gives me some heartburn). Everywhere's packed with rude obnoxious drivers. I've had my fair share of them esp in SS2. Seems like everyone converging here to get their CNY stuff. Oi go elsewhere la!

You know when they say women are some of the worst drivers? I agree. Esp after one kiasu auntie almost banged me when she swerved into my parking space when i was reverse-parking. Rude and impudent, she was probably on her way to the corner BBQmeat shop to join the queue that stretches out to the five foot way.

Over the past few days, I've encountered the well-known "Malaysian driver", been semi-blinded by some idiots' permanent high-lights and wanted to swear at more drivers than I can recount. They should simply be ashamed at themselves. No common courtesy, jumping queues at all possible opportunities, generally exhibiting hazardous behaviour.

yeah everyone knows I like going yamcha. But its really weird how packed my area gets at night. By that I mean how we still have to go round looking for parking at 1am on a weekday (!)Seems like SS2's becomed the hub for yamcha, with all the char-chan-teng (HK style coffeeshop cafes) sprouting up left right and centre. er..all those ppl no need to work-ar??

3 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

take deep breathes & count to 10..feeling better now? or come back to melbourne, i'm sure not so much traffic jam & ppl! HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! :)

9:48 am  
Blogger Hau Wei said...

Happy Chinese New Year Di!

Yes, I agree it's horrible driving back in Malaysia...irrespective of states...well, regional areas are much nicer of course...I really didn't realise how bad the jams are in PJ/KL! Driving ethics and courtesy? Ha! What's that?? It's not even found in the vocabulary of PJ/KL drivers!

IT'S MADDDD!!!

*PHEW* I'm so glad I'm back in Melbourne...ON THE MOVE, but no jams! I think just by coming back would've saved me a couple of years of my life and pushing back the white hairs by a few years too! ;)

1:11 am  
Blogger xaverri said...

traffic was so much better during the CNY break! How I wish normal days were as deserted as those few days..

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home