Monday, December 26, 2005

Trip

First things first, Di wishes everyone a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

we had a "small" Christmas gathering on Christmas eve, where the parents invited their friends plus the 20plus carollers from church. Rained as usual (it rains on Christmas eve every year!) hence the caterers were forced to place the foodstuff inside, which together with the slightly larger than expected crowd meant a rather..hot atmosphere.
Not many photos cos I was busy serving drinks (no maid la). Anyways I'm still so lazy to upload the photos. Prob get it sorted out when I'm back.

Am going off tomorrow for a trip. One night in Muar (I do believe we're stopping there tempted mainly by their otak-otak), then prob 2 nights in Singapore. Don't have much idea of what to do in Singapore actually. It feels rushed, and most of the attractions are more suited to Caucasian tourists (ie Little India, Chinatown etc). Not very interested in some other notable ones such as Underwater World, S'pore Zoo etc.. cos I've been doing all that in Aus this year (Seaworld, Melb Zoo, Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, penguins, polar bears, sharks etc) sudah bosan..there's only so much "wildlife in captivity" I can take.

Hope to slot some photography in (darn forgot to borrow likai's tripod!! I left mine at home in Melb...), am bringing some rolls of film but I don't like to be rushed when taking pics so.. we'll see.

Now checking out what Muar's got to offer. Been there abt 2 years ago and all I remembered was the river, my hotel, the bus station and otak-otak everywhere. Tomorrow shall go find:
  • Mee bandung Muar
  • Parit Jawa fishing village
  • Satay for breakfast on Tuesday
Someone's mentioned a place called "Tanjung" in Muar. Googling it shows me its a family park beside the river with some facilities/food. hmm.. prob drop by in the evening.

The next 2 months are gonna be interesting. More people are back, and SiowPing's coming back! Not once, but twice in January!! She'll only be back a few days, but I'm really looking forward to it -- yamcha, Teapot Cafe, pasar malam, Murni??

Itinerary for the next 2 months:
~ Jan 6th-9th Di's going Sibu, Sarawak (and maybe Sarikei/Bintulu)
~ Jan 13th-14th Port Dickson with buddies
~ Feb 16th-20th Kota Kinabalu with buddies (visit SiowPing), hoping to visit the islands and maybe Danum Valley??
~ Feb twenty-something returning to Melbourne (I almost think of it as returning home)

aah Melbourne.. looking forward to a slightly less busy semester. Unfortunately its going to be awfully quiet..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home