Saturday, December 31, 2005

Lazy blogger Di is

I'm just so lazy to update these days. Gone are the days when the comp faces me, online 24 hours a day. (well, not exactly gone since those days will be back sometime in Feb when I get back to Melb ehhe)

Being at home means taking extra effort to switch on the desktop, switching it off when there's a hint of a thunderstorm (hse wiring is extra-sensitive to lightning strikes) and switching it off again at night (dad doesn't like the idea of it running all night). so mah-fan. Put it simply, this blogger's just lazy.

Returned from Johor and S'pore day before yesterday. Muar was alright, managed to sample the Mee Bandung, asam pedas (which would prob be better from the Malay rest. rather than the Chinese one i suppose), satay for breakfast plus a glance at Tanjung Emas (the local park). Looks like Muar town had a surprise visitor to its river. We saw a crocodile (aka BUAYA) right next to the jetty for the river cruise. It was going against the current and my, it seemed LARGE.

S'pore, best be left undiscussed till a later point. My verdict from this trip:
~ didn't see much
~ didn't buy anything
~ didn't take photos (disappointingly so) -- no night shots, no panaromic shots, no nothing. and thats despite lugging around the other camera.

~ travelling with family's definitely very different from those with mates

Anyways, to round up the week.. yesterday night popped by Friendster cafe at Damansara Perdana (a place recommended by Chris, good service nice ambience etc) for a bout of yamcha. These days I rarely drive out at night but yesterday was an exception. On the way back, nearing midnight got stuck with a badly gashed tyre (& punctured of course). Had to stop by in Taman Tun to sort it out. (My father came to sort it out for me le). Ol' friend was still with me hence it was alright. Initially we even thought someone slashed the tyre, seeing how badly gashed it was..but turned out to be a nail causing all the trouble.

Conclusion from yesterday night:
~ yamcha 'n meetin up = fun
~ flat tyre at night = not-so-fun

*this song "疯了" is playing in my head. Quite apt (for the thoughts in my head).

Realized this'll be the final post for 2005. So here goes:
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wishing everyone a great year ahead!

My wishes for the new year? I want at least as good a year as 2005. We always demand more, don't we? On a personal side, I wished people would keep in contact more, call or talk face-to-face instead of sms-ing. As I've made known to most of my mates, I'm not a huge supporter of the current trend of "over-reliance/over-dependency" on this little gadget we call a mobile phone. Imho its taken over too much of our lives. So there. Have a good year guys!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

Happy new year, Di.

7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya!!

just dropped by to wish you happy new year!! Hope 2006 will be another great one for u :P

take care.

5:15 am  
Blogger xaverri said...

Thanks for the wishes! =)

6:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home