Monday, May 01, 2006

36-hour-days, where art thou??

I am in serious need of 36 hour days right now. It doesn't help when I spot MORE interesting books left right and centre. With only a month or so of uni life left, I still have absolutely loads of books to go through. Its all for own interests hence it is in addition to the readings for Asian Studies.

alamak aku dah nak pengsan.

Monash's libraries' like my version of Borders. You name it - they have it. Current reads in order of priority:
~ World is Flat (yes I've just begun..been finishing up something else) -- I'm definitely getting the expanded 2006 copy. Amazon's got it on 40% off! arhh at these times I lament my lack of a credit card. KL already selling the paperback one (thanks SK!), while in Melb apparently they don't stock it (one has to order) hahh so weird.
~ A World of Nations (Keylor)
~ China, Inc.
~ The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy (interesting title huh)
~ Winning (Jack Welch)

Wonder how many more I can finish by next month..?

*On a sidenote..I have a question for all my friends. What does "friendship" mean to you? Have u actually spent time thinking about what it actually means to your relationship with the people around you? Are you "friends" with them for conveniences' sake or do you truly value the relationship? People here are increasingly taking things for granted, at least I feel they are. I get the feeling many people around me are going "ah we'll be friends always", when I think the relationship (close as we may seem on the surface) has degenerated into that of "acquaintance" instead.

I don't mean I feel that way about ALL my friends. There are exceptions of course. ie with MH and me, after being friends for more than 20 years, we're still going strong. But how many friendships inspire that sort of confidence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home