Friday, April 21, 2006

Update 21/4

Easter break's this week. I'm not anywhere so its kinda deflating. A whole lotof ppl've been asking what I've been doing lately..so here's an update:

Last weekend went for yumcha in the middle of nowhere - somewhere in Doncaster, far but with exemplary service.. teman-ed Jean to Amanda and Nicole's house-warming.. caught up with some old friends.. realised I'm detached from some other old friends (which may become non-friends the way things go on).. and got frustrated with a very old friend. Confused yet?

We seemed to have completely skipped autumn and headed straight to winter. Such has the weather been of late. Windy. Rainy. On and off and on and off.

Just the other day I almost felt my wallet 'bleeding' when I forked out the cash for both the digital cam and SLR batteries. Those tiny CR2 batteries cost AUD20! plus another 20 for the digicam ones.. aigh...Is it my imagination or has the prices of everything gone up - again?

Actually I would've liked to be off rayau-ing somewhere this week.. but am participating in FutureLeaders in uni these 2 days. When I went in this morning, didn't really know what to expect. What was surprising was meeting some familiar faces from our group of 20. Some were from other workshops I'd been to before, someone from the photography club, another from my mock interview and Pon! Kinda funny cos the night before I was just chatting with Pon on MSN, telling him I had to get offline cos I had to go uni the next morning and the next thing I saw was him coming in for the session :P both of us blur ppl didn't tell each other hahh

Program runs for 2 full days, quite fun cos by afternoon most of us'd gotten to know each other. It involves looking at some of our different attitudes and perceptions towards leadership. Had some group activities and there were some intriguing things I discovered about myself, especially in one of the last activities. Prob elaborate more later when I finish tomorrow's session.

Have some work lined up for the next coupla days.. Applications to be readied and sent out, resumes to be amended.. Major essay topic for my Asian Studies unit yet to be decided. Last semester did globalisation, outsourcing, plus presentation on China. Don't really want to repeat any "old" topics. But I don't want to frus over getting sources so its gotta be a contemporary issue with sufficient resources. The last essay I'll ever write in uni :( ahh i need ideas!!

Thinking bout issues.. having my doubts now whether I shd continue reading The World is Flat. My copy's from 2005 and our dear Mr. Thomas Friedman's so quickly expanded it into another 100 pages for the 2006 revised edition. According to Ben its already out so.... hmm maybe I should just order a copy since I've decided I wanted to keep a copy anyways (yes - order. Apparently they don't stock Friedman. How can you not stock Friedman?!?).. next stop - Angus&Robertson :) and the bank too. Seeing how I'm broke this month, my dad has sent me a very amusing email. Short as it was, it contained plenty of dry humour. Refugee indeed :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home