Monday, August 21, 2006

Change is the only constant

One week can change alot of things. I've been in a sorry state over the past week. Awfully sick, awfully broke. and more than a little dejected bcos a few housemates are going back to their home countries these few weeks. Amber left for China last friday. MunYee returning to Msia next week. Peggy to Singapore & FeiFei to China next month and then XiMin back to China in Oct. aihh. I really wonder when I'm going to see them again.. The "awfully sick" part still applies to me now - 病到七彩. All the ailments are linked, asthma - hayfever - eczema (what I classify as "the triple allergies"); plus conjunctivitis (complication of a cold), sore throat, headache. aihh.. I needed something positive to brighten up my days.. and something has indeed occurred.

The weekend has brought some changes.. I've decided to take up an offer back home. The opportunity came up rather unexpectedly and after a very positive interview with the HR head and a senior manager yesterday, an offer was made. I have 12 days to consider but most prob will accept it within the week and start next April.

The role offered - resident manager trainee. Everyone's got their fancy names for graduate programs but I guess this one describes the role well. As usual I asked alotof questions in my discussion with HR and got a fairly detailed outline of what we trainees will be doing/getting. Program begins in KL when we start with 2 weeks training. Then its 6 months attachment in my chosen stream (KL) then 1st posting for appr. a yr. And here's the clincher - the posting's to any of their branches within Msia. And I'm pretty sure it won't be in the Klang Valley ^_^ it'll be interesting to see where we all end up. After the posting, appr 2 mths training in the UK, then its on to the next posting.. or other opportunities within the organisation.

Perks/benefits? Lets just say that its one of the most attractive I've seen available for fresh grads in Msia :P After all, monetary remuneration is a key motivator for employees.. and living in KL with its relatively high living costs, its realistic to expect a certain salary range. The extras are a bonus, obviously...


Fickle-minded I am eh... In a week's time, I'll know where I'll be next year, and thats a comforting thought to end my rather sorry week with..

3 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

congrats! so ur going back after all!

10:14 am  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

Congrats on your new job. And hope you get well soon.

8:32 pm  
Blogger xaverri said...

Thanks guys..yupp I'm going back after all the "change-of-minds"! I should just change my nick to "fickle-minded Di" ahha

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home