Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ending, everything ending soon...

*Yesterday was Desiyah's final meeting. Yupp its finally (sortof) ended. We're in the process of liquidation, but we're not going to have anymore formal meetings. So now its all finance stuff to settle. Sales have (almost) officially ended, and the rest are free to focus on their exams. Except me that is, unfortunately... Annual report's not completed yet, even awards submissions aren't done, but the rest of 'em all seem so relieved just to get through the program. Seems that they're all not bothered bout awards submission. Imo its the final and vital parts of the program. What a shame if we choose to just throw in the towel now.. Even the final meeting didn't really feel like a final meeting. A significant number of absentees, and everyone just eager to leave.

*I've got my own time constraints though. Didn't realise till today that tax law is my first paper. Mistakenly thought it was on the 4th Nov, and when K.L. mentioned it today, I could only go "ohhhh". And that makes things very interesting indeed..cos now the paper's in a week plus, and in between there's still alot to be done..

*Still owing Tony 2 assignments, this week and next.. During the quiz yesterday, he announced the tutes were all cancelled, to give him more time to mark our stuff. Very efficient he is, cos less than 24 hours after the quiz, we've gotten individual emails on our quiz scores. Went very well, and I'm really going to miss this unit. First time I've really felt I'm actually even getting an education in university (Business courses eg accounting, tends to do this to you -- don't really require thinking skills). Sighh.. now I have to think of what elective to take next sem, preferably another International Studies unit, since its started to make me think more, and enjoy uni alot more.. Amusingly I might even end up taking all my units on Clayton campus next year..

*Listening to alot of chinese OST these days, old ones and new ones.. Found out who sang the song "老情人". Previously thought it was someone else, but its 欧阳霏霏. Last weekend when electricity was cut at home, in the middle of the night at 1plus, it was soooo nice just leaving the music playing in my (dark) room -- comp on battery la. This's where my HUGE room window comes in handy, with just enough lighting from the outside to create the right atmosphere.

*Over the weekend, someone asked me a very interesting question. An off the cuff spontaneous question, but something I've never seriously thought about. Maybe its true, when they say 当局者迷.. Give me some time to think about it okay?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home