Wednesday, September 28, 2005

package/timeline/yet-another-book-finished

my package FINALLY arrived!

thanks and *hugs*

It was mistakenly sent by sea-mail (stop laughing!) and I almost gave up hope of it arriving before I returned home for the hols. Yes, it was that late.

The reason why I was eagerly awaiting it was for this item -


a precious pack of ---- Ipoh Old Town white coffee :)

ey I'm quite particular about my coffee. Its either this brand or Chek Hup (preferably), but other brands taste different. Previously when K.L. tried bringing in a pack for me in July, it was barred at Customs. Thing is, they allow AikCheong/SuperBrand/Nescafe/Nestum to export to Australia, with just about the same ingredients but they don't let people bring this in. Case of double standards.

Today's photography club meeting was a lengthy affair. It ran on from 11am till almost 3pm, about 2 hours over schedule. Simply because there was so much to discuss and so much to reflect on. To sum it up, the club's in a mess this year. Those of us "outsiders" (who're either ex-committee or non-committee) came together to discuss plans for next year. Instead of dwelling on a bad year, we hope next year things are improved on. And that leaves us with the issue of continuity since most of them are graduating and hence leaving...

Over the late lunch, some of us discussed abit more, on the club and on other things. Yeah when I think about it, I do like Caulfield campus. Although smaller than Clayton, we're alot more international. Eg at lunch today, all 5 of us came from different backgrounds..

Great to gain abit of insight and learn from others about how they think organisations or clubs work. Often, people simply refuse to acknowledge mistakes or inadequacies for fear of appearing weak. But its only when we tackle things head on and take the time to step back and listen to others' opinions, that we can improve and make positive changes.

Have got THREE separate timelines these few weeks, dealing with separate things. Extra things to complete tonight, making me doubt whether I can get any sleep later.

Updated timeline:

  • Sept 30 - MPC draft of recruitment criteria + overall reflections on the year (positives/negatives)
  • Oct 3 - Desiyah board meeting + report draft due + BTF3931 assignment DUE
  • Oct 7 - MPC meeting with potential candidates + briefing
  • Oct 10 - liquidate (?)
  • Oct 13 - BPOY Presentation in City
  • Oct 14 - MPC AGM
  • Oct 17 - INT Quiz + Report(s) submission
  • Oct 21 - INT Report 2
  • Oct 28 - INT Report 3 40%

Fortunately I like what I'm currently doing. Yes, all of it. Although it makes life harried sometimes..

* The amount of reading I've been doing this half-year seems crazy. As if I'm trying to make up for lost time over the past 2 'n half years. Just finished another book, this time its just Harry Potter, not anything serious. The thick tome is quite disappointing. Some parts are just so draggy/meaningless. She could've removed at least 30 pages and it wouldn't have affected the storyline. Now resuming on another book on the UN and changing world politics. The content's very interesting, but really the font is sooooo small I have to strain my eyes to read properly. So it takes alot more time to digest lar..

* I need a longer hols!!! was just ranting to a friend on MSN -- "people got hols I got hols but my hols not like hols". Weather fine/not-so-fine = I stay home and try to get some work done. Was up till 4+am yesterday trying to readup tax law. It is so not-fun I kid you not. Cos I still don't get what he wants.

1 Comments:

Blogger xaverri said...

i just crave for some difference from my usual Nescafe :)

White coffee definitely nicer than normal instant coffee

3:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home