Saturday, September 24, 2005

988FM & Emil Chau / H O L I D A Y S

It was yesterday afternoon, and as usual the e-radio's on while I did my work. Radio station's 988 FM (Malaysian chinese radio). I turned up the volume when I heard some jolly laughter, which sounded vaguely familiar. Indeed, it was Emil Chau on air with the DJ.

The mood was happily infectious, as they went through the hour's plan of calling a guy to allow his girlfriend to propose on-air. To those familiar with Emil Chau, he has this song which goes something like "明天请你嫁给我" (will you marry me...). At first the guy was abit sceptical whether it was 988 & Emil or someone pranking him. After Emil sang a few lines he was convinced. And yes, he accepted the proposal. So nice right? to have EmilChau becoming the witness (证婚人), at least for the proposal, if not the ceremony.

^For once I have no plans for the hols. Not going anywhere, 乖乖的留在(staying in) Melbourne.

Reasons being:
1. uni workload - massive. To say there's a backlog seems such an understatement.
2. have explored Victoria enough over the past year.
3. Money, or rather the lack of (since I spent so much in June/July for Sydney etc)

But that doesn't mean I'm impartial to some coffee in the city/suburbs, or any day outings. Particularly interested to take some time off for a spate of photography, if the weather allows it. Its really been ages since I've taken snapshots for things other than events. Anyone with any ideas, u know who to call.

^ Still trying to catch up with uni work and therefore staying at home during the weekends. Tomorrow morning till mid-afternoon members of Desiyah will be at the Sandringham beach doing a clean-up as part of our environmental commitment to each T-Bag (our product) sold. We look set to be there till at least 2 pm. Hope weather doesn't turn "funny" on us..as in 10 minutes sunny, 15 minutes rain, 10 minutes sunny, 10 minutes rain (you get what I mean).

^ Just got the details for an additional commitment next month -- have to prepare a short presentation in mid-October. Powerpoint etc's prohibited hence its more a preparation of speaking skills, and of thinking on my feet. After the presentation, there'll be a further Q&A by the judges, estimated to be 10 minutes. The funny thing, as I mentioned in the previous post, is that results won't be announced till sometime in Nov, and I have plans to leave right after the announcement, the day after in fact. So if anything extraordinary happens, it'll stuff up my flight plans. But I'm pretty sure nothing extraordinary would happen, so not changing my plans.

^ Been watching 妙手人心3 (Healing Hands 3) --a Hong Kong TVB drama during my free time. This time they've retained part of the cast (Bowie Lam, Lawrence Ng Kai Wah, Moses Chan, Maggie Siu) and added new faces (Gigi Lai, Melissa Ng, Bernice Liu). Total of 40 episodes. Story can be abit draggy at times (this's tvb after all). The humorous Dr Lai (Bowie Lam) is still there. He's one of my fave characters cos of his personality - dry humour + intelligent. But my more 喜欢 characters have gone -- Annie (Flora Chan) and Jackie (Ada Choi). The new cast is alright and the series this time covers different scenarios. Overall its watchable, but I prefer part one.

gtg, back to my IB readings. This week full of FDI, exporting, strategies, entry modes, globalisation, more globalisation.

Next week will catch up with Tax Law, anti-globalisation movement and Advanced Fin Acc Theory and Practice. AND NGV Intl's Dutch Masters exhibition AND 2 meetings, or 3?? also, catch up on some much needed sleep, if possible.

oh what a wonderful week ahead.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:28 pm  
Blogger jeanchristie said...

ooh, u also watching that.. u downloaded or ur friend? my cousin is downloading that also.. but we already finished it on tape hahaha.. they;re always getting rid of people eh? but the ending is lousy =\

8:05 pm  
Blogger xaverri said...

watched the ending. yupp ending's kinda lousy. but then again its tvb. re casting, they're basically recycling characters for most of the shows -- boring. watching some taiwan/korean shows as alternative now..

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home