Friday, September 09, 2005

ramblings/going home!

As I'm studying, my eyes pauses on a photo on my desk. Taken 2 years ago during a road trip to Malaysia's east coast, it shows me surrounded by a sea of wild yellow flowers in the early morning hour, just after sunrise. I remember us stopping by the road side after witnessing sunrise at Kerteh. Li Kai held the camera at an angle, beautiful cloud formations in the distance..

Brings back alot of good memories. Seems a lifetime ago when we went on all those trips. Where all we needed was petrol in the car and a healthy curiosity (plus money of course). Now, most of them are working full time and its not very possible to take a week off to travel. But nonetheless I'll be trying to pull them away from work when I'm back.

Yupp ahhahhah I'm going back!! Booked my flight recently and if we count in weeks, its real soon! Melbourne in summer is hot, with HORDES of flies. Plus when there's nothing much to occupy life eg uni, its better to go back and bum at home instead.

Looking forward to -- mamak (I am known for being a mamak freak), yamcha, family, cheaper stuff, late nights out, trip (?), conversations in cars...

Not looking forward to -- humid weather, highly dangerous PJ (my area's extremely prone to snatch thefts, carjackings, robberies etc etc etc), traffic (urghh), lizards (hate 'em), mosquitoes, limited internet access...

~Bummer weather here is really weird lately. We had very strong winds for a coupla days. Then these few days hot (fairly) as in low 20s. This morning I was shivering in lecture. Afternoon was blazing HOT. Night is back to cold again. And the wind's howling now like nobody's business. Weird fluctuating weather, but is normal for Melb I suppose..

~Photography club competition on Saturday. But checked weather and apparently it'll be thunderstorms plus possible hail? omg wrong day

~ a word I've used frequently lately - boh chap - "don't care". Some things have made me wonder why I bother sometimes. Over the year, more and more reasons justifying apathy for those circumstances are justified.

~ About reading -- recently finished Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones", "Tuesdays with Morrie", "The Rise of China". How I managed to do that was by bringing the book everywhere. Read on trains, on platforms, at bus stops, while waiting for people and on breaks between classes (see how much time one can waste just waiting for public transport)..

Just started on "Global Instability: the political economy of world economic governance" (1999) Michie & Smith. First 2 articles are on the Asian financial crisis. A different perspective on the causes of it, compared to my previous readings. I gather from it - the crisis was partly aggravated by over reactions. Its the designated "bedtime reading" now and most days I just read till I fall asleep, clutching the book on one hand and my cuteee piggy cushion on another.

time to continue studying. MAJOR test tmrw. Average marks are a fail grade.
diediediediedie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home