Wednesday, May 18, 2005

YAA Business Skills Program..

Finally got the email from YAA (Young Achievement Australia). Thought the program was starting already, but no email came.. BUT today checked my mail and found this waiting for me

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have been accepted into Young Achievement Australia's Business Skills program!"

Hmm..I seem to have been allocated into a group with people I know, from other campuses. The program will run till end of October. Hopefully next semester's schedule won't clash with it, and of course, am really keen to get involved and get some useful practical experience..

What it involves:
"Each Business Skills program consists of 15-25 participants who are guided by mentors and comprehensive program manuals. These participants will experience all of the stages of a concentrated business cycle and take responsibility for all essential business processes. "

"Throughout the program participants tackle typical issues and challenges that confront commercial operations and develop enterprise skills such as decision making, negotiating, risk taking, creativity, communication and teamwork.

Participants also participate in special events including a Trade Expo and Management Skills Seminars and Workshops. The program completes on October 31 each year and culminates with Regional, State and National Awards events. "

;P Its not exclusively for Aussie students.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! You don't know me, but I happened to find your blog when I was searching for a photo of Wing Loong (the chinatown's restaurant in Melbourne).
Since I practically read most your posts, I decided to say hello and introduce myself..
My name is Joao (portuguese name for John), I'm 17 yrs old and brazilian. I lived in Melbourne for 6 months last year as overseas student.. =)
well.. I don't think what I wrote sounds interesting but if you want to contact me, my e-mail is jm_mondo@yahoo.com.br
* And congrats for your YAA Business Skill Program!

2:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home