Monday, May 09, 2005

Photos - Royal Botanic Gardens..

One of my favourite places in Melbourne is the Royal Botanic Gardens. Beautifully maintained, opens throughout the year and more important - its very convenient location, is what draws me there (quote "the Royal Botanic Gardens is 400 metres from the Central Business District") which means its actually within walking distance.

Whenever I'm feeling abit off, or having a tough week, I'll just head there. Get some fresh air, look at the varieties of birds there / those green stuff they have and voila! rejuvenated.

How to get there? Easy (I really wished we had something like this back home).. Make your way to Flinders St station first.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Flinders St station - one of the most photographed icons of Melbourne by tourists eager to show "I've been to Melbourne and here's proof of that"


Catch any trams heading up to St Kilda Road, get off at Domain Interchange, where you'll see the magnificent Shrine Of Remembrance (its a war memorial FYI) at your left.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Shrine of Remembrance (note: not the view you see when you get off the tram), a rather hastily taken shot when I was leaving the gardens.


Clamber up the lil' slope, walk across the great lawns of the Shrine, cross the road and there you are - main entrance (no pic) of the Royal Botanic Gardens.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Colourful mosaic.. they now have a newly established Children's Garden.


On the way to my fave spot (facing the main lake near the TeaRooms), we have to take a short walk..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What happened to its leaves?? a weird sight, when all around is greenery and its the only plant there without any sort of colour / signs of life..


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One of my fave trees in the Garden - love the overhanging branches and how the light filters through the leaves..


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Couldn't help myself - quaint-looking tree imo


And finally, to do what we went to do - lie on our backs facing the vast expanse of clear blue sky. Do nothing, think about nothing (at least, on my part). Actually that day was sort-of a belated birthday "thingy" where my friend suggested instead of going to a restaurant, we'd go for a picnic in the Gardens! ~hugs^~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A lazzzyy afternoon


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In the distance the raised flag of the Governer's residence means he's home (at least thats what the Aussies told me last time I was there)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh and how can we forget the pesky seagulls?! Always on the watch for food scraps..


A lazy relaxing afternoon it was, and I felt I deserved that (wey I went straight after a Sat morning discussion).. But good times don't last long. As I'm typing this, so many things're tumbly-tipsy-turvy (my own made-up phrase).

Internet connection's screwed. Been getting less than 1% utilisation of my so called 11 mbps line (shared with others). Complaining to the admin person doesn't help, she says she doesn't know whats wrong either. Its worse than dial up most times, and when I'm doing some serious research it makes me wanna tear out my hair!!

My comp's infected with Trojan Vundo B, which refuses to go away. Norton is annoying me. It detects the virus, but can't get rid of it. Using the Symantec removal tool for this trojan is not working either. Worse thing is I'm in the midst of a hectic assignment schedule. I can still blog, though. Just the comp hangs alot more, CPU usage hits the roof, annoying popups and the like..

Poof - the ceiling light just rosak. No choice but continue with my work in the room cos outside its coldddd...

Sigh.. back to my Intl Accounting research..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's me again.. I agree with you, the Royal Botanic Gardens are great! I went there 2 times during my quick stay in Melbourne. Ok, 6 months aren't really a quick stay, but it would had been better if it was a year! =)
You took some nice pics :)

2:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home