Thursday, May 05, 2005

Random thoughts..StarWars..

Star Wars is everywhere. I see it in the supermarket. Yoda stares at me menacingly from a mountain high of Coco Pops boxes. Its the subject of every other bloggers' post (general only la). Its in my inbox - someone's selling StarWars t-shirts online. Their merchandise is everywhere.

Surprising thing this time around is - I'm quite immune from the StarWars frenzy. A "Star Wars freak" since 13years old, this is news indeed. I'd get quite excited just hearing the StarWars soundtrack (erm I still do BTW). I'll diligently drop by MPH or Kinokuniya to get the latest Star Wars novels (there're at least 50 of them by now, the storyline stretches to the days of Han Solo and Princess Leia's kids FYI).

But this time around. I've not even prepared for the premiere of the movie - ROTS. By this I mean I haven't gotten around to scrambling tickets for the first show in town (which is definitely sold out by now). Abit jaded from all the work piling up this week. When the special edition of Star Wars: A New Hope was released in 1997, I remember bugging the people at TGV (no online booking back then) to let me get tickets for the very first show. I suppose all the people who went for that were fanatics as well, cos when the theme track started and the StarWars words rolled across the screen, EVERYONE got off their seats and gave roaring cheers and claps. OMG the atmosphere was tingling. Not what we expect of a Malaysian cinematic experience eh? At the end of the show with the credits rolling we did the same again. Applause, for a very fine movie.

But are expectations too high for the final movie in the instalment? Frankly, the first 2 were so-so imo. JarJarBinks - enough said. Darn not sure if he's still going to be in the new one.. hmm I'll find out when I get to watch it..

On other stuff..

I'm so sick of being busy. In my years in uni this time's definitely the busiest ever. Next sem will be much better, prob bcos I stupidly took all the remaining core units this sem instead of splitting it up. Aih..

Want to take pictures of the falling leaves, prob a trip to the Botanic Gardens soon. But looking at how things are going, by the time I get to go, the leaves all gone 'dy. Sudah takde la. Oh, it finally feels like autumn now. Cool breezes, the trees going thru their "makeovers".. darkness falling early..

Have to stay up again tonight. Predictions of this week being busiest are so so true. Have no idea how I'm going to finish next week's stuff. But after next week its MERDEKA! can go yamcha. can meetup with friend (an old friend just came to Melb ayy), can go rayau (someone said bring me go kai-kai don't forget ya!) AND can lie down on the grass and enjoy an aussie autumn.. =P oops shouldn't be so happy yet. There's still a ton of stuff to go thru...

Back to a long long night.. with only HK radio to keep me company..

1 Comments:

Blogger eyeris said...

But.. but... but... ITS THE LAST Star Wars!!!!!! :0

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home