Monday, May 23, 2005

Cheap flights / YAA meeting..

In the last few days I've settled some stuff that needed to be done.

Air ticket - check.
accomodation - check.

hehe.. going to have a short break next month after my finals (reminding myself again and again that its less than 2 weeks away) and will be offfff! Not going anywhere fancy though I did wish I could.. not following any tour either, no point cos don't foresee any problems travelling by ourselves..

cheap flights! yupp it cost only about half of my original budget =) Flying is cheaper in Aus than rail / coach thanks to Virgin/Qantas/Jetstar. The first sector wasn't that cheap, but Gold Coast to Sydney cost me a mere $28 (incl all taxes/surcharges etc) and Sydney back to Melb $49!! Unbelievable rates. The $28 flight was a fluke cos an hour earlier (b4 booking) there were only $121 seats.

Made some of my bookings thru Flight Centre and was surprised when the rates for each flight's actually cheaper by another $2 cos we paid cash. Turns out the online rate's for credit card pmts. Muahah made us quite happy (albeit also very extremely broke after paying for everything else)

Today, somehow before 12am I'm already quite tired. Dropped by the city to settle Sydney's accomodation, had some nice ramen at Ajoshi (I seem to having that an awful lot lately) then went to Clayton for the YAA meeting. Took a lil less than 3 hours and we only got home at 9pm plus - in the rain (unexpected hence got quite wet le)..

Looks like the YAA meeting's gonna be held in Clayton weekly, initially thought it was in the city which was more convenient than Clayton.. there were around 20 of us, plus 5 mentors. Had a briefing, did some brainstorming, settled on our company name and threw some ideas around for our product choice. Have to prepare for next week's meeting (do some research for my idea)..

Next semester's gonna be hectic (prob as bad as this sem) cos the program involves alotof commitment and effort. Made clear to us - 2 days' leave available (meaning a max absenteeism from TWO meetings over the next 6 months or so) which I'll use up in an instant (when go off for trip). whoops that means no being absent in the 2nd sem...

Also got the guide to our weekly programs, 24 weeks worth - 4 modules involving Foundations, Establishment, Consolidation and improvement and finally Liquidation! It REALLY is a REAL company established, real products, real money. We're not talking monopoly money here. Share certificates will be issued to those who buy shares in the company, each share $2 only =P (my friends in Melb pleeassse sokong abit later ya?!) and hopefully at year end there're dividends to be paid! Last year's team did very well, won at the State and National level returning profits of 600%! So if you'd bought a $2 share, you'd have gotten back $12. Amazing really, what they achieved..

Really really need to "up" my level of time management cos the program's not taking any breaks even through the exam period. My first paper (and probably the most difficult one) starts 6th June! Previous ability to so-call-perform-under-stress most likely won't work this semester..

Been abit lazy to blog lately. I should probably rephrase. Been abit lazy to "do anything at all" lately. After the busyyyy assignment period, I've just sortof lapsed into a stupor. Not a drunken one, more of a lazy bummer kind. Questions people have been asking me lately - most popular is "eh why don't see you online lately? very busy meh?" which makes me think - "er I was online very often ar?"..

Just chilled for a week, metup with some people, walked in the gardens, ate some cake, lunched at Chocolate Buddha (which I wanted to blog about but got caught up in laziness) blah blah blah..

Some sunshiney news - an old friend is in town! Hehe he suddenly called me yesterday, hopefully we'll lunch together sometime this week..

oh.. I still haven't watched StarWars. This is so weird. Me - an absolute StarWars fanatic - yet to watch the show. Saw the poster again today and yay! its drawn by Drew Struzan, my fave Star Wars artist who does all the movie posters and most of the book covers..now where can I get my hands on one of Drew's works...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home