Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Thinking aloud..

At 12.18am in a cold room by the highway, I attempt to utilize some of the grey matter in my head.

First up and more urgent - BTF 2220. For an assignment of 2000 words, seems as if I actually have too much to cover for the (fairly short) required length. Directors' duties and more Corp Act. So much to consider..? No idea.

Second, and def more interesting than BTF - a question needed to be answered: UK time 2000 = Aus time ?
thats a lag of 10 hours I think, which brings it to..6am here! OMigoodness me. Thats what time I should be up. MU v Liverpool on in oh-so-far-away England. I'll be awake to follow it through Soccernet's Gamecast. I must be mad. Thats life without ESPN for the uninformed readers of my little blog.

Third - Aduh, terlupa pula Mgmt Accounting! Due on Thu, I've unfortunately forgotten about a discussion tomorrow. Which means I can't sleep in and run the risk of being late for it. Hmm might as well not sleep for the day..? The weather here's just plain suited for sleeping in.

Something amusing I learned from AFF2491 Company Reporting:
Q: 2+2 = ?
A: Depends on who you ask.
Normal person(s) - 2+2 = 4
Accountant = What do want it to be?

Thats the reason we take units such as Co. Reporting. =) Another thing which escapes my poor mind's comprehension is - we're learning Australian Accounting Standards now, which will be REPLACED by Intl Accounting Stds from beginning of next year. Which means what I learn will become obsolete even before I graduate. Sigh unfortunately my lecturer insists we have to learn current standards. Awful timing.

But imagine my horror in the beginning of the sem when the unit guide showed a lecture topic as "The Trilogy" At first glance it sounded interesting (cos interesting stuff happens in trilogies ie StarWars, The Lord of the Rings, Matrix etc) but the complete topic heading is actually "The Trilogy - AASB1018, AASB1034, AASB1040" which are all accounting standards. I think I never quite got over that initial shock to my system, which is much more receptive to alternative titles e.g. something like "The Three Masters of Architecture - FrankLloydWright, Le Corbusier and MiesVanDerRohe" (btw the 3masters title is made up). As a result I have only attained limited understanding of such unfathomable titles. But do I really wish to understand all those? Thats a point to ponder. I've been *pondering* for the past 2 years or so. And will continue to ponder for at least the next 10 years. I'm quite sure by now, readers of this post will have gone "what's she talking about?? pondering?" Those who know me over the years will agak-agak know why I'm still pondering over all these, or maybe no.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home