Friday, September 24, 2004

Happy Birthday!

A good friend has a special occasion today, so here goes:
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Chr-is
Happy birthday to you!
Wishing you a very grand 22nd birthday (probably belated by the time you read this) and all the best for the future!
This week has been truly hectic for me, finally done with my law and accounting assignments. One more to go! But more important is that hols has started! not that it is long, only a week..and there are tons to catch up on. At least I don't have the ugly prospect of another deadline, ahhh peace and quiet for 10 days..
In an amusing case of Melb customs' zealousness in their task, I have now ended up with halved mooncakes. My sis brought 2 over for me which were a little "special". One had a filling of glutionous rice and green beans (donno how it tastes though, haven't eaten yet) and the customs officer cut it open and kept insisting the green bean was yolk. Sigh..
Took the opportunity to go to the Royal Melb Show today at Showgrounds. For once, I get something on concession price, still 15 bucks though..The place's really interesting, it seemed as if half of Melb's adults took leave to come with their kids. The city was SOOO crowded during the day, there was also a footy parade down the main streets in the morning..
The Show has pretty much everything, ie rides, gamestalls, food, farm/fresh products,agriculture/gardening stuff, arts & crafts, animal displays (horses, cattle, dogs etc) also something which resembles a mix between sheep & llamma (imo) called "alpaca". They have fleece too, like sheep, and we sat in for one of the day's judging. Those animals (adult ones) are pretty large. Standing up, the average one'd almost reach my shoulders. And cattle. Whew, those were huge! looked really big, compared to our teeny Msian cows. Yeah I know they're different, but its just for size comparison. They've got lots of showbags filled with goodies too. Got myself a Willy Wonka one, which came with a large purple Wonka hat. There was also a pig racing & diving contest. Hmm wonder what the SPCA thought of that..? Anyways, it was quite a fun day, although I had to leave by evening. There was also a stall selling more *exotic* food ie buffalo, kangaroo, emu etc. I shared a crocodile sausage =P
Tomorrow...will be a long process to get into an art gallery. Just heard that the queue for the exhibition was 3 hours long. OMG my fault for being so last-minute..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home